NEWSLETTER FALL 2014
We hope you've been enjoying a fun-filled summer with family and friends. For those of you who missed our summer session, we held ballet, hip hop, jazz, musical theater and tap classes, plus two weeks of dance camps! It was nice to welcome some new faces to the studio as well.
The 2014-2015 schedule is ready and can be viewed on the website along with the calendar of important dates. The site is www.glensfallsballetanddance.com. All families who participated in dance classes during the 2013-14 year will also receive a paper copy in the mail (within the next several days.) You'll find some additions and slight changes we're excited about, most notably welcoming Annie Bennett to the faculty. Annie will be teaching preschool, Creative Movement, Pre-ballet, Ballet A, and Improv. & Choreography (lyrical.) She has had many years training and performing with us, then through her college years began teaching, too. She is extremely happy to return to her dancing roots at Glens Falls Ballet and Dance Center in a teaching position. Annie's full bio will be on the site shortly.
All your favorite dance classes are returning, plus Painting with Miss Karen! Look for new classes including Twinkle Tots (Mommy and Me,) Baby Ballerinas, Dance & Create, Adult Fitness Funk and Adult/Teen Zumba. We'll again be participating in the Halloween themed "Boo to You" in downtown Glens Falls, the Applebee's pancake fundraiser, our Nutcracker in December and more.
We're looking forward to a bright and positive school year! Please know that we appreciate your business and sharing your wonderful children with us. Stop in for an early Open House on August 25 and 26 (Monday and Tuesday) from 4:00-7:00 P.M. and register for some giveaways. Make sure to take advantage of the generous early registration discount on your first trimester of tuition by paying by the end of August 26. In the meantime, don't hesitate to call or email with any questions. Registration forms can be printed from the website and mailed in with payment now to reserve your spots. Can't wait to see you all!!! Enjoy the remainder of summer!
Carlene, Kim, Bethany, Katie, Robert, Heather, Karen and Annie
Dance Classes for ages 3 to Adult
Creative Rhythm & Movement • Pre Ballet • Ballet • Pointe & Variation
Contemporary/Lyrical • Modern • Tap • Jazz • Hip Hop
Choreography & Improvisation • Musical Theatre Dance
We are an "Established" school that has been operating since 1965. Our staff is a mature dance family committed to your child. The school offers clean facilities, a safe environment, is Handicap accessible with ample parking. We are experienced and passionate and offer classes to ages 3 to adult.
No Certification or tests needed in the teaching of "Balancine or Vaganova" technique other than experience.
Top 10 Reasons to Join Our Studio:
- Multiple performance opportunities, minimal costume fees; no additional performance fees for dancers; annual Nutcracker opened to children as young as age 5! Spring concert in professional theater. (Charles R. Wood Theatre)
- Very experienced, professional and dedicated faculty
- Large facility, convenient parking; sprung dance floors to prevent injury and fatigue
- Clean, safe environment – ample dressing room, separate homework/break room, comfortable lobby
- Committed to the development of confidence, poise and determination in children AND TIME MANAGEMENT.
- Proper dance technique, terminology and etiquette taught.
- Appropriate choreography and costume choices
- Ideal class length for the youngest through advanced dancer to progress
- Communication with parents: newsletters, Facebook, email, website, announcement board in lobby
- Variety of dance classes offered- Our Unlimited class options allows for study of dance in diverse genres
- Bonus, Very competitive prices!!!